Saturday, December 25, 2010

the male and female packing styles

Well here we are... Italy bound in about 12 hours! The dust has settled, the bags are packed, the tickets are printed, now I just have to try to get some sleep tonight!

I'm hoping we'll get to update this thing while we're abroad, but I can tell you right now, I'm not making any promises!

Just thought I'd take a peaceful moment and muse, I learned something about myself tonight. I already knew I hated packing, it stresses me out to no end but I had to laugh watching how differently Nathan and I go about it. You see, I've been packed since Thursday night...Nathan on the other hand finally got a suitcase out tonight, but it works for him because it took him all of ten minutes to pack for a two week trip! I packed on Thursday, as I said, yet it still took me probably an hour to be fully ready, I couldn't remember what I had actually put in there on Thursday so I had to pull it all out and reassess, repack, close the bag, weigh the bag, open the bag, take stuff out (I guess I don't REALLY need to take six scarves) close the bag, weigh it again, and hooray!!! 40 pounds!

Lets just say I'm officially giving Nathan control of our logistical concerns on this trip.

For those of you who would like to know, here is the official itinerary:

Dec. 26-Jan. 1Rome
Jan. 1 - Jan. 6Florence
Jan. 6 - Jan. 8Cinque Terre
Jan. 8 - Jan. 9Venice
Jan. 10Home sweet home
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment